Am Di., 26. Nov. 2019 um 09:30 Uhr schrieb Volker Schmidt <vosc...@gmail.com
>:

> Graeme, please mark the page as proposal.
>
> I am not at all happy with "berm". It is unfortunately a term used for a
> number of different things all related to earthworks.
> What is missing in OSM are clean-cut mapping possibilities for (slopped)
> earth walls  and for (one-sided) slopes.
> Berm is neither of the two. In addition the main and original meaning of
> berm is a step in the slope of an earth wall. See the first diagram in the
> German
> Wikipedia page for Berme. <https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berme>
> This photo
> <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Levee_of_the_River_Po.jpg> shows
> one of the objects that I would like to map properly: A river levee with
> two berms.

I agree the term seems to be mainly describing a horizontal, linear narrow
area within an embankment (German usage of the term "Berme", which
originates from French). This is also what I found in the oxford online
dictionaries, and what wikipedia en has as first meaning:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berm

Generally, proposals should be set up in the proposal namespace.

Cheers
Martin