On 11/12/19 09:07, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 at 04:34, François Lacombe <fl.infosrese...@gmail.com <mailto:fl.infosrese...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Basically, it's really simple : the first box in the street your
    home is connected on. If you don't find it, don't map it.
    There are places where lines go out of homes from the roof and
    reach the box on a pole in the street.

In a lot of areas around here, all infrastructure is underground, so our lead-in cable (now an internet connection only) runs from a box on the outside wall of the house, under our front yard to a pit on the footpath, then to a bigger pit further down the road, & onwards from there.

Mine is HFC. And because the area is rock the lines and 'boxes' are suspended in air. So for my area it is a small box on the house with an isolation balun then 75 ohm coaxial cable to the box in the street suspended between poles that carry power and lighting as well as the internet.

Should these pits be mapped under this scheme?

I'm certainly not mapping them.
Mainly because I don't know what these 'distribution points' really are.