I do have a related question, regarding the kerb values lowered|raised on a
node.
Assume you find yourself on a pedestrian crossing across a road that has an
adjacent sidewalk and cycleway on the same side.
The main carriageway is separated from the (foot-only) sidewalk by a kerb
and that is separated from the cycleway by another kerb. The first kerb is
typically raised (as the tag refers to a kerb between the road and the
sideway, and the latter is always higher than the road), but the second
kerb (let's assume that the cycle path is physically higher than the
footway) is it kerb=raised (a step upward from the footwalk to the
cycleway) or is it kerb=lowered (a step down from the cycleway to the
sidewalk)? I have come across a number of these in the same context that
Ale mentioned. I fear my conclusion is that  the values "lowered" and
"raised" on a node "kerb" need to be accompanied by
direction=forward|backward (like stop and give-way, for example) with
respect to the "crossing" way. I don't like my conclusion, but it seems
inevitable.
(I hope I'm wrong on this last statement)