On 2/3/2020 5:55 PM, Warin wrote:
On 30/1/20 9:23 pm, MARLIN LUKE wrote:
Noticed amenity=shelter. I initially thought about combining it with
shelter-type:picnic, but it seems too... "open" for me. Like, not a
complete building.

I'll use this in the meantime

There is shelter_type=weather_shelter that looks more enclosed.

Perhaps shelter_type=picnic_enclosed?

I'm not a skier myself, but while hiking I've encountered ski shelters
that sound similar to the one Martin was describing, though a little
more primitive (ie, no vending machines.)

I've heard them called "warming huts" but I don't know how universal
that terminology is. Checking taginfo for shelter_type=warming_hut shows
exactly one use. And the ones I've seen are more like cabins than huts,
so I'd be reluctant to tag shelter_type=warming_hut unless the meaning
is quite clear.

One of the more popular values of shelter_type is simply
shelter_type=building. To me this would mean enclosed, but wouldn't
imply picnic facilities (which could of course be mapped separately.)

Jason