Hey,

a new RFC for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Unifying-playground-equipment-tagging

Purpose:
Simplified tagging of playground equipment on the playground itself or
as separate object. Both schemes already exist and I want to combine
them to help to decrease tagging errors.

Proposal:
I propose the key playground to be deprecated and the use of key
playground:* instead. That would mean that on both playground and
playground equipment objects in OSM the key playground:* applies. This
then would also allow to map playgrounds and their equipment in
situations where a playground just has one equipment and this equipment
fills up the whole area of the playground.

What I feel:
I know many of you do not want developers to speak about how you should
do things. But I think a dialogue is necessary and also good for us all
and we can learn from each other: Mappers know the philosophy of OSM,
the mapping, tagging and the QA, they know what to achieve how.
Developers know the philosophy of orthogonality and nornmalisation of
things and can help mappers to make OSM more useful.

I am the developer of Babykarte. Babykarte follows what I want to
propose for a quite long time already with some extra specifications
which enables it to be quite flexible in interpreting the tagging. This
makes Babykarte a really good interpreter of the tagging of playground
equipment. This is necessary to do for us developers (we would be happy
if all mappers would stick to the specs) because some mappers decided
not to read the wiki carefully or not at all but instead to actually
map without knowing how. So developers always need to do some
interpreting and thinking of all the possibilities people do not map in
accordance with the spec. This makes us to create our own spec that
builds on the official one because people aren't following the
community's specs.

--
~ Sören Reinecke alias Valor Naram

Developer (not Founder) of the Babykarte: https://babykarte.github.io
Participating in "MapDiscover" project: https://mapdiscover.org
"Community Support" for Trufi Association:
https://trufi-association.org
Documentation for Trufi Communities on mapping bus routes:
https://github.com/trufi-association/mapping-documentation

Ein Gag zu Hamsterkäufen: https://klopapier.mapdiscover.de