> QUESTION : Oukasz was wondering if the tag refugee_site=yes does necessarily
> have to be associated with place or landuse?

As mentioned, it would be fine to use a new "key" like "refugee_site"
for a feature that is only mapped as nodes, but if it is going to be
used on areas it's important to use a well-known, established key.

It's not just important for rendering, but also for routing and search
applications, which also need to know if a closed way is representing
an area or not.

> QUESTION: IWith this option [amenity=refugee_site] could we still proposed
> the secondary tags refugee_site:XX=XX (for instance
> refugee_site:status=formal)?

Yes.

> Do we also have to add “refugee_site=yes” or it’s not necessary?

No, if the tag is "amenity=refugee_site", there is no need to add it.

-- Joseph Eisenberg