On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 at 23:31, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

It would be a good idea if the tag/s developed here could be used with
> other things that have 'departments' such as universities.
>
> Hence my suggestion of 'department', as a key it is used some 799 times ..
>
> You'd have great difficulty persuading iD to support it.  The problem is
that different
types of organization (hospitals, universities, etc.) have different types
of
departments.  This would lead to a page documenting department=* values
being split across two or more tables for humans to understand more easily.
But iD tends to populate its drop-downs from wikidata or wiki pages, meaning
that you'd have a big drop-down filled with every type of department,
irrespective of the type of organization.  That makes it hard to use, and
is why iD will almost certainly refuse to support it.

--
Paul