On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 10:00, <lukas-...@web.de> wrote:
> So in which cases "highway=traffic_signals + crossing=traffic_signals on the
> same node" should be used? Only for the "crossing only-traffic lights" I
> mentioned?

Yeah, personally I would agree with that. Only on
pedestrian/cycle-crossing-only traffic lights.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2771622922 as an example.

I think that if you're going to the extent of mapping separate stop
lines on all ways leading into the intersection, you can also separate
the car stop line node from the pedestrian crossing node. (And if
you're not, highway=traffic_signals on the main intersection node
still works.) So don't use highway=traffic_signals +
crossing=traffic_signals, except for a pedestrian-crossing-only light.

--Jarek