On 15/04/2020 05:33, lukas-...@web.de wrote:
Okay, so this is what I think, too and maybe I would clarify this in the wiki then. But I think in some cases it still wouldn't be clear, because what would be about mapping this then:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.0898304,-4.6450624,3a,75y,122.71h,87.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s18sOSZsN3ir-fxX3UU5JLg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Which was mentioned a few posts before? The traffic lights control the junction, but people might say that the same one single traffic light is controlling the pedestrian crossing and the junction...

To be honest this looks like a normal intersection to my Canadian
eyes. I guess the difference is that there is no pedestrian crossing
of the main road? But that can indicated with lack of footway=crossing
ways if pedestrian ways are mapped, and crossing=no on main
intersection nodes if not.

To me it is not super relevant to the main tag whether the light is
activated by a timer, a waiting car, or a pedestrian pressing the
button. And in any case, for the pedestrian button we have
button_operated=yes

--Jarek