Hello everyone,

It seems I haven't been very clear in my explanations; I sometimes have a bit of trouble choosing the right word (especially in English). And I think the “small”/”large” discussion is going the wrong direction…

The new tag we want to propose is to map refugee camps or as it’s seems better to say in English now : refugee sites. So we want to map human settlement.

The social_facility=shelter tag is very suitable to map single or individual building or a small group of buildings like a refugee center, an accommodation center or a care and hosting center for refugees.

But (according to many people now)  the social_facility=shelter tag is not suitable to map  refugee camps that are human settlements,  populated places where hundreds or  thousands people live.

That’s why we propose to create a new value for the amenity tag : amenity=refugee_site, to map human settlement where refugees can find protection.

kind regards,
Manon