If a refugee site has a well established name (and, unfortunately, there
are many examples all over the world), I don't see why it can't have a
"place" tag.

Às 18:24 de 17/04/2020, lukas-...@web.de escreveu:
Hi,
my question is whether this then rather would be something for the
"place" tag? Or did we maybe have that discussion already?
--Lukas
*Gesendet:* Freitag, 17. April 2020 um 18:28 Uhr
*Von:* "Manon Viou" <m_v...@cartong.org>
*An:* "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools"
<tagging@openstreetmap.org>
*Betreff:* Re: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Refugee Site Location
Hello everyone,
It seems I haven't been very clear in my explanations; I sometimes
have a bit of trouble choosing the right word (especially in English).
And I think the “small”/”large” discussion is going the wrong direction…
The new tag we want to propose is to map refugee camps or as it’s
seems better to say in English now : refugee sites. So we want to map
*human settlement*.
The social_facility=shelter tag is very suitable to map single or
individual building or a small group of buildings like a refugee
center, an accommodation center or a care and hosting center for refugees.
But (according to many people now)  the social_facility=shelter tag is
not suitable to map  refugee camps that are human settlements,
populated places where hundreds or  thousands people live.
That’s why we propose to create a new value for the amenity tag :
amenity=refugee_site, to map human settlement where refugees can find
protection.
kind regards,
Manon