So, this discussion gravitates towards using landuse=common for those African urban freely accessible multipurpose open spaces, which I fully support.

Implementing this change requires the following actions:

- Editing the leisure=common wiki page, in French and in English (I'll do that)

- Reinstating the rendering of leisure=common in downstream cartographic styles, would be even better if the color matched the surface=* so that sandy surfaces don't appear green.

- Reinstating the rendering of leisure=common in JOSM's default style (it recently changed to grey to mark deprecation). (I'll open a JOSM ticket

- Altering QA rules (JOSM Validator and Osmose) so that the leisure=common deprecation only applies to the United Kingdom of Great Britain, where commons have a legal definition and designation=common must be used for them. (I'll open a JOSM ticket but if someone has prior experience interacting with the Osmose people, that would be nice)