Yes, exactly.

In Denver, Colorado there are numerous train lines that use the same rails. It
seems like a lot of work to name all the member railway tracks,
name=C-Line;E-Line;W-Line.

It seems the rail itself should have no name because the name will be on the
relations assigned to the track.

I think naming the same thing two times is not a best practice?