BTW, Arabic is not commonly spoken in Iran (Persia):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_language
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Iran

The definition on the proposal page is not limited to a particular culture:
there may be functioning examples of such features in the Americas (built
by the Spanish due to influence from Morocco). The definition is based on
particular physical characteristics, which are commonly found mostly in
West and Central Asia and North Africa to be sure:

The tag canal=qanat (+ waterway=canal + tunnel=*) is for "A gently-sloping
man-made underground channel for transporting groundwater via gravity, with
shafts visible from the surface" where:
- The immediate source of water is groundwater (aquifer or well), not a
spring, stream or river
- Water flows by gravity in free flow (not pressurized or pipe flow)
- The channel is underground (minimising evaporation)
- Construction and maintenance is through vertical shafts, which are then
visible on the surface

– Joseph Eisenberg