On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 16:31, 德泉 談 via Tagging <tagging@openstreetmap.org>
wrote:

> I've drafted a new proposal about the bubble tea shops which are very
> common in Taiwan which are usually mismapped as shop=beverages
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/shop%3Dbubble_tea

Looking at your proposal, I fail to see how these are not shop=beverages.

>From your proposal: "The tag shop
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:shop>=bubble_tea
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:shop%3Dbubble_tea&action=edit&redlink=1>
describe shops providing freshly
made bubble tea, juice, milk tea or other beverages." So it sells beverages.
Bubble tea, juice, and milk tea are beverages.  "Other beverages" are,
somewhat obviously, beverages.  It is a shop selling beverages.  One
of those beverages is bubble tea, but it is a shop selling beverages.

Your proposal mentions several features that I do not see as being
unique to bubble tea shops or excluding beverage shops.  Beverage
shops may supply fresh tea and juice.  Beverage shops may be,
and usually are, takeaway only.  Delivery service is not common
for beverage shops in general but, unless all bubble tea shops
deliver then it is better handled with delivery=yes|no (actually,
it's better handled with delivery=yes|no anyway).

The example in your proposal explicitly lists the beverages sold,
and explicitly has takeaway=only.  I fail to see how making this
shop=bubble_tea rather than shop=beverage accomplishes
anything.

About the only thing I see useful in your proposal is that having
shop=bubble_tea allows a way of searching for shops that
sell bubble tea.  But your example has drink:bubble_tea=yes
which provides a way of searching for shops that sell bubble
tea.  Having shop=bubble_tea seems unnecessary.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any point to this.

--
Paul