On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 17:28, Jarek Piórkowski <ja...@piorkowski.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 11:50, Paul Allen <pla16...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 16:31, 德泉 談 via Tagging <
> tagging@openstreetmap.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've drafted a new proposal about the bubble tea shops which are very
> common in Taiwan which are usually mismapped as shop=beverages
> >>
> >> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/shop%3Dbubble_tea
> >

> > Looking at your proposal, I fail to see how these are not shop=beverages.
>
> Have you seen a bubble tea shop?

Nope. :)

> It's basically a cafe. It prepares drinks to order. Best tagging I've
> seen around me is amenity=cafe + cuisine=bubble_tea

As described in the proposal, most lack seating.  Which makes those
without seating shops rather than cafes.

> See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Acuisine%3Dbubble_tea -
> per https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/cuisine=bubble_tea it's not
> very common but for example iD presets have amenity=cafe +
> cuisine=bubble_tea for Chatime
>
> https://github.com/osmlab/name-suggestion-index/blob/c0b65aacf04be6753f6e7e82007399bee1e65fdc/brands/amenity/cafe.json#L314-L329
> as well as Gong Cha, Sharetea, and a few others.

Seems reasonable, if they have seats and they also serve food.

> I would suggest using an amenity tag rather than a shop tag since it's
> much more like a cafe or a fast food place than a store.

I can see that it's more like fast food since the stuff has to be prepared.
But then I think "Starbucks."  Have we already standardized on a way
of tagging somewhere without seats that sells takeaway coffee?

> In a bubble tea place you place an order and it is prepared and served to
> you.

So like a place that sells takeaway coffee but the list of beverages
is different.  If we have a way of mapping coffee takeaways then
use that with drink:bubble_tea=yes.  If we don't have a way of mapping
coffee takeaways then we probably need one that can,deal with coffee,
bubble tea and whatever else with appropriate drink:*=*.

--
Paul