On 18/07/2020 19:41, Alan Mackie wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 at 19:09, Paul Allen <pla16...@gmail.com <mailto:pla16...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 at 18:53, Tod Fitch <t...@fitchfamily.org
    <mailto:t...@fitchfamily.org>> wrote:

        What I’d like is one or two tags to indicate that all visible
        indications of a water way ends at this point and that the QA
        tools should not flag them as errors to be fixed.

    One of the things we need is an anti-spring. Marked on Ordnance
    Survey maps
    as a sink.  We have natural=sinkhole but that seems only to apply
    to a large
    hole and/or depression.

The closest I can find on the wiki is manhole=drain? sinkhole=ponor seems to be for natural-looking versions.

The "one that everyone* did in geography at school" is https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/944314148/history

That's currently tagged as "waterway=cave_of_debouchement".

Best Regards,

Andy

* everyone in my school in Yorkshire, UK, anyway.