On 07/08/2020 10.09, Jez Nicholson wrote:
I saw parking_space=takeaway riding on the coattails of the original
post....is this not a waiting time restriction? Does it merit its own
value?

That's not how I would interpret it. Stuff like "15 minute parking" also exists; "takeaway" parking (which would usually be called "carry-out" in the US) is a *purpose* restriction, and there is not *technically* a time restriction attached. (I'm pretty sure that if your order took an unusually long time for some reason, you would not get towed, as you might in a "15 minute" space.)

My main argument (well, aside from "they're a thing") is that if I can't map them, how am I supposed to map a lot that has such spaces? They aren't normal spaces and definitely shouldn't be mapped that way, but then, am I supposed to subtract them from 'capacity'? How do I map them so that armchair mappers don't see my "error" and "correct" it?

Perhaps I'm against it because we don't AFAIK have these in the UK?

I can't speak to that :-). They are assuredly real in the US; several restaurants in my area have parking/standing spaces that are either carry-out only or pickup only. (Almost all Red Robin's AFAIK have some, I suspect many/all Chili's have some, and pretty sure I've seen them associated with other restaurants as well.)

--
Matthew