sent from a phone

> On 23. Aug 2020, at 23:39, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hostile architecture is also employed to deter skateboarding, littering,
> loitering, and public urination."
>
> There is an example of a 1800s church with a sloped wall, designed to deflect
> urine

great you mention it, also quite common in Rome are inside corners of buildings
filled with masonry (typically up to 1,5m) so people do not urinate (not a
recent feature, most look as if they were hundreds of years old). And in this
case, it’s also probably more beneficial than hostile in the general
perception. At least I guess many of us would deny a right of public urination
in the city?

Cheers Martin