Ah, I feel like there are certain images that might get deleted from
Commons just because they don't "contribute to wikipedia articles".
Maybe a special example but still:
Recently mapped a construction zone for a residential area and took a
couple photos. Those might not "belong on Commons" according to their
moderation team.

As mentioned on the linked wiki page, you can escape a semicolon by
> doubling it:
>

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Semi-colon_value_separator#Escaping_with_.27.3B.3B.27
>
> Ah interesting, somehow missed that.
It's a solution, but still doesn't solve the problem of long urls clogging
up one tag.
Definitely if you have long urls because of unique hash/id's
(extreme example: IPFS urls:
https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmR9wseHQiLbv4AnTXACo5rQ1CEcKj2fJq6vEnuZoi6Amd?filename=IMG_20200727_172553.jpg
)

Cheers,

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 10:54, bkil <bkil.hu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As mentioned on the linked wiki page, you can escape a semicolon by
> doubling it:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Semi-colon_value_separator#Escaping_with_.27.3B.3B.27
>
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 9:11 AM Thibault Molleman <
> thibaultmolle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> While I use the semicolon for some other tags already, the problem with
>> using it for something that has a URL.
>> Is that TECHNICALLYaccording to the specification, a URL can contain a
>> semicolon.
>> So I feel like the use of a semicolon in a url based tag isn't a good
>> solution
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 26, 2020, 08:44 Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
>> tagging@openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>>
>>> If someone really needs multiple images on one object then
>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Semi-colon_value_separator
>>> is standard.
>>>
>>> At the same time use for that seems dubious for this specific tag.
>>>

>>> Aug 26, 2020, 07:41 by thibaultmolle...@gmail.com:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It seems like there (still) isn't a proper tagging system to put
>>> multiple images on one node/way/relation.
>>> Having the ability to link other images as well would be useful I think.
>>> Either via:
>>> `image=url1;url2;url3`
>>> or
>>> ```