Von: Supaplex <supap...@riseup.net>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2020 00:40
An: tagging@openstreetmap.org
Betreff: Re: [Tagging] Tagging from fire_service_areas - landuse:emergency

We (or Christian) are talking about areas that must be kept free, especially
near buildings, so that fire brigade vehicles can stand and work there in case
of an emergency. For example, it is not allowed to park there, no objects may
be placed there etc. In German-speaking countries it is very common to find
areas that are specially designated for this use (I don't know what the
situation is like in other countries). These areas can be e.g. paved areas or
just grass, sometimes with surface=grass_paver (these areas must be able to
carry vehicles weighing up to 16 tons). I think tagging of these areas is very
useful for use by rescue services, as Christian apparently intends to do, or
for micro mapping purposes.

How about "emergency = rescue_area" (very rarely in use)? I agree that landuse
should not be used in this case, but we have "emergency" for this. For fire
fighters access ways there is already "highway = service" + "service =
emergency access" in use (see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:service%3Demergency_access).

(Another question I ask myself in this context: How do you mark footways/path
that serve as fire fighter access - i.e. are designated, suitable and wide
enough for this purpose? I have already used "highway = footway" +
"motor_vehicle = emergency" in these cases.)