On 1/12/20 7:46 am, Andrea Mazzoleni wrote:

    I recently wrote a series of diary entries about my experience
    with the accuracy of one-device GPS precision. I concluded with a
    comparison of three devices I had personal experience with
    including a new Garmin GPSMAP 66sr which I posted here:
    https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/bobwz/diary/394711

Very interesting!

Here you can find the mapping of my tests with GPSMAP 65s and eTrex 30x:

https://ibb.co/bKvpxYG

It's a circular trail repeated 5 times with one point every second.

I repeated it again with the recording frequency set to Auto, and the GPSMAP lost a bit in accuracy, so better to stick to one point every second.

Think your confusing two terms;

resolution

accuracy

With increased points along a way there is increased resolution.

The accuracy does not follow with increased number of points unless they are all for the same location so averaging those points reduces noise thus increasing accuracy.