On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 at 10:43, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Setting it to 1s has the drawback of point clouds when you stand still (I
> used to stop recording every time I stopped moving, but admittedly it
> requires attention, also when you continue moving to set it back to rec).

That depends on the software.  Some software allows you to set a
minimum distance between points.  On my Android phone I use
GPS Logger
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.basicairdata.graziano.gpslogger&hl=en&gl=US
where I can tell it, for example, to add a point every second if
the distance from the last added point is more than 1 metre.  No
point cloud.  No remembering to stop recording when I stand
still.

--
Paul