On Fri, Dec 4, 2020, 6:30 PM Guillaume Chauvat <guilla...@chauvat.eu> wrote:

> Sorry for spamming.
>
> I also think it's fine if the Montmarte funicular is tagged as a
> funicular. But I'm asking because of things that are clearly elevators,
> like this one:
> https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-tekniska-hgskolan-metro-station-stermalm-district-stockholm-sweden-41948022.html
> . It goes on a path parallel to the escalators, not vertically (I have been
> inside). To me it looks very wrong to call this a funicular. But maybe
> others disagree...

I guess I missed the beginning of the discussion. I agree with you that
this particular inclined elevator doesn't really resemble a funicular and
shouldn't be tagged as such. If it's indoors or operates on demand by a
button press, tagging it as an elevator in some way would be more
appropriate (though I'm still unclear on the best way to do so).

-Clay