I want to address the points that were raised on crossings.

As we already have highway=crossing, I have resisted adding new hazard=*
values for crossing hazards, as that is properly the domain of the
highway=crossing tag.  For golf cart crossing, there is already an
established tag combination highway=crossing + golf_cart=yes.  This was
already described on the wiki page for golf_cart, and I edited the wiki
page for highway=crossing to match this.

Considering this, I've updated the text on hazard=bicycle to reflect that
it is specifically about the hazard of cyclists in the roadway, and not for
bicycle crossings, which also has its own existing tagging.

This leaves hazard=school_crossing as the sole remaining "crossing"
hazard.  There are only a few usages of it, and I am leaning strongly
towards removing from the proposal entirely as it seems that a school
crossing belongs more properly within the scope of highway=crossing.

Lastly, the specific case of hazard=low_flying_aircraft is not a crossing
hazard, as the hazard is a distraction to motorists or perhaps jetwash
rather than collision, as with a crossing.  The only actual "airplane
crossing" that I am aware of is the case of the Gibraltar airport which has
a road that crosses the airport runway.  However, this is an exceptionally
rare case, and in any case, it too would belong under highway=crossing.