> Anders Torger <and...@torger.se> hat am 12.12.2020 12:23 geschrieben:
>
> Sorry, I realize I have a followup question. Is this really the right
> way?
>
> There's a difference from the Rhine example. With rivers all the
> separate parts are tied together with a parent relation of the type
> waterway, and the parts have roles like "main_stream".

No, waterway relations are like route relations for roads, they are purely
optional and have nothing to do with the local naming of physical features.

My strong advise is not to make this more complicated than it is and especially
not cargo cult some complex data model in the hope that data users will turn
this into something meaningful - they won't.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/