On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 at 10:05, Davidoskky via Tagging <
tagging@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> >> I'll add to this list all those taps that can be activated without a
> direct manipulation of an object, such as passing your hand in front of a
> light ray which causes the water to start flowing.
> > The objects being manipulated in this case are photons.
> >
> > Maybe you are being needlessly pedantic or "splitting hairs" (getting
> lost in the minutiae of details), I'm not sure.  But I think asserting "if
> there is a valve (and there are many sorts of valves), it's a tap" is
> fairly clear.
>
> I think your definition is perfectly good. I was just pointing out that
> other kinds of devices using valves exist that don't always require
> manipulation of any object.

Yep!

If they don't exist already, pretty soon you'll be just able to say "Turn
the tap on - harder - now warmer - no that's too hot - yep, that's right -
now turn it off, thanks". Which will all be *much* easier than just turning
a tap! :-)

Thanks

Graeme