sent from a phone

On 3 Oct 2022, at 07:55, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

        - primary feature [1]
        - main key [2]
        - primary key [3]
        - feature tag [4]

        1) Are these synonyms (except for the key/tag distinction)?

    yes

what about cases where multiple features are tagged on one object?
For example stream + road tagged on one line?

2 primary features, identified by feature tags, represented by one OpenStreetMap element. Main key for stream is waterway, for road it is highway. In the osm2pgsql standard style, both are primary keys.

The guide says 'one feature = one OSM entry'. I would try to map each feature as one entry (node/way/what ever).

A stream would not normal start and finish on a road .. so that would be a separate way compared to the road.. and I'd put ford on that section of road..