Just a remark: I think a mainly decorative object is not an amenity. An
amenity may be near it, or attached to it, but that still does not make the
object an amenity.
An object that provides water for actual use, such as a tap or a pipe from
which water permanently flows, is an amenity. It may be decorated, or
fitted to a decorative object, but still is an amenity. The BE word
fountain, I understand, primarily means the decorative structure including
the decorative waterflow.
So, to me, any tagging using amenity=fountain sounds like a contradiction.

Peter Elderson