The point I was trying to make is that in the iD editor, the field
"inscription" comes up as a default and is mis-used for descriptions. I
would like to see a way to prevent that.

Obviously, a signpost has an inscription, but that field maybe comes up
for signpost which I would presume is the primary key. I usually map
signposts/ guideposts in situ rather than in iD, so I don't know off the
top of my head what fields come up for it.

Anne