Vào lúc 11:26 2022-11-12, Timothy Noname đã viết:
I think people already use
Amenity=recycling
Recycling_type=container or centre
And then specify whether it takes clothes and shoes etc
Recycling:clothes=yes

Long ago, I helped to promote this overloading of amenity=recycling in the U.S. At the time, I was thinking of organizations like USAgain or Planet Aid that only operate donation bins stationed in parking lots. [1] It seemed like an apt analogy: you "recycle" clothes by placing it in one of these bins. (Read those quote marks with a hint of irony.) recycling=clothes;shoes seemed adequate for expressing any difference from, say, a plastic bottle recycling bin.

However, over time, I've come to second-guess this analogy. For one thing, there's a fundamental difference between a recycling bin that would divert its contents to an industrial recycling facility and a clothes donation bin that would divert its contents to a second-hand store or homeless shelter, even if some percentage does wind up in the same landfill. Underscoring this difference, in the U.S., you get an income tax deduction for donating goods, but not for recycling the same goods. So someone searching for one really isn't searching for the other.

Making matters worse, it was only a matter of time before we had to stretch this analogy further to cover the exact same kind of donation bins that chains like The Salvation Army and Goodwill operate alongside their brick-and-mortar second-hand stores. And even further for the donation-only centers they also run out of converted storefronts, a far cry from conventional recycling centers. [2] I've mapped one that only takes donated cars [3], but recycling_type=centre recycling:cars=yes feels like a very counterintuitive way to describe a car donation center. To me, "recycling center for cars" sounds like a euphemism for a junkyard.

In hindsight, I probably should've promoted something like amenity=donation that could apply to both bins and centers, just like amenity=recycling.

[1] https://github.com/osmlab/name-suggestion-index/commit/19ca12fa9bfe4c017681dc0bf7baf4919d1ecbb1
[2] https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/71501049
[3] https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/42425057

--