"here is the logical error: no the forum does not attract a global audience, it
may one day, now it is in test, half of the things do not work and therefore
let us leave time to have a functional forum (including by email) in stead of
trying to an attempts of discussion where the current majority of the
participants are not, with an aim of satisfying those which do not produce for
the moment much content level proposal (because if it were the case, the forum
would be already very used for the discussion of the proposals of these
people)."

First of all, the new forum is not is testing. You can no longer create topics
on the old forum. There are already quite some topics being made on the new
forum.
Secondly, the forum is intended to be a central discussion place for OSM. It
makes perfectly sense to also require announcements to be made on the new
forum. 60% votes for this move during the first vote. The current proposal will
provide a way for everybody to use the platform of their choice. Seems like a
fair middle ground to me.

"empty argument, the mailinglist is already linked to my osm account email,
given that you only sign up once for 10 years, such a big change to gain one
click to sign up is absurd compared to the fragmentation of discussions this
"too-early" proposal will cause"

Some people don't want to use their private email address for a public mailing
list. This means they have to use an alias services or secondary email account
solely for the purpose of this mailing list. So it is not a one click sign up
for everybody.

14 nov. 2022 08:43 van marc_marc_at_mailo_com_xrkimi...@simplelogin.co: