> The places (stations etc) where the emergency response come from would
> not be an 'office'; "An office is a place of business where
> administrative or professional work is carried out. "  e.g. lawyers,
> accountants, records,

In the US we have the concept of "Emergency Management Agency" which is
at least partly not something like firefighters/ambulance/police.  These
exist at federal, state, county and local levels.  They more or less does
three things:

  planning and training for future emergencies.  Creation of "Local
  Emergency Plan" documents.  Coordinating that lots of people have
  taken a dizzying array of classes.  Perhaps hosting classes.

  operating an Emergency Operations Center where command staff decide
  what various resources are going to do during an emergency.

  has some staff who function more or less like firefighters in that
  they go to locations where emergency services are needed and do urban
  search and rescue, swift water rescue, damage assessment

The first one is definitely office=government government=emergency.  I
think the second one is too.

A facility that houses equipment that personnel from the third case use
as a response base feels like emergency=ses_station.

Sometimes there are facilities that do all three.  There is a federal
facility in New England that is at least both 2&3 and surely they must
do 1.

Overall I think I'm agreeing with Warin here - some functions of "Civil
Defense" (as it used to be called before that was politically incorrect)
are office functions, and some are conceptually similar to fire/rescue
departments.