I think they are surface=paving_stones because:
- the stones are very flat on top
- it seems that the objective was to arrange them snugly, although the fit
may have deteriorated a little
- it seems pretty easy to ride a bike there, but not skate, which is what
one generally expects from surface=paving_stones; surface=sett is a little
more difficult for cycling because the stones are less flat and the surface
as a whole is also less flat

I think surface=sett is usually more like this:
https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=53.345215550023994&lng=-6.265817519990492&z=19.230259053537715&pKey=516305962724410&focus=photo&x=0.5077006613416395&y=0.5849426144442357&zoom=0

On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 at 15:55, Anne-Karoline Distel via Tagging <
tagging@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> That's the best I can do for now:
> https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=52.651926666667&lng=-7.2515966666667&z=17&pKey=1685817985195902&focus=photo&x=0.22772882642716127&y=0.968169011381621&zoom=0
> You can kind of see the gaps between the stones.
> On 17/02/2024 17:46, Åbn wrote:
>
> I think you should provide a picture.
>

> On February 17, 2024 5:19:06 PM UTC, Anne-Karoline Distel via Tagging
> <tagging@openstreetmap.org> <tagging@openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure I'm understanding the differences between surface=sett and
>> surface=paved or if what I'm trying to map is covered by either. Where I
>> live, there are some streets that are paved, but the stones aren't set
>> firmly, so they wobble a bit when you drive/ cycle over them. It is
>> perfectly safe, but it allows rainwater to drain quicker, at least I
>> think that is the reason for this type of paving. It sounds a bit like a
>> xylophone (well, lithophone, I guess), when going over them.
>>
>> Considering climate change and the higher likelihood of flooding etc, it
>> would be important to map the difference between paved streets that
>> don't allow for quick drainage and these loosely paved streets. There is
>> probably some technical term for it.
>>
>> So, in short: Do we have a tagging scheme for those or not?
>>

>> Anne

Fernando Trebien