Hi

I'm a newbie to JSTL (and Java more or less too) and was extremely confused
about the syntax for the ECMAscript EL. Until I read
http://www.mail-archive.com/taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg01249.html

Of course, I had first tried something like
   <c:if test="$rows.get('element_type') == 'i' || $rows.get('element_type')
== 'I'">
and it didn't work.

>From my point of view (and the way we'd like to use the JSTL) us programmers
should create the data (=Model), and webmasters should create the HTML
templates (=View). And since most webmasters know JavaScript, ECMAscript
would be the logical choice as an EL. However, it should be really syntax
compatible, otherwise I guess it will confuse everybody.

Best regards,
Eric

swissinfo/Swiss Radio International
Eric Lewis
IT Engineering
Giacomettistrasse 1
CH-3000 Berne 15

Phone:  ++41 31 350 95 42
Fax:    ++41 31 350 99 40
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Switzerland is everywhere. Stay connected!
http://www.swissinfo.org
http://mobile.swissinfo.org
http:/wap.swissinfo.org

SRG SSR idée suisse