When ${x} is passed to a tag, does the tag figure out what it means or does
the variable get decoded and passed to the tag?

Ie in my previous example, where I combined a <c:forEach tag around my own,
and tried to pass the variable from <c:forEach to my own tag, is that
actually legal? Or did:

<prefix:myTag someAttribute="${var}"> just pass the String ${var} to my own
tag?

If so, I'm sadly beginning to conclude that there seems no easy method of
mixing JSTL and your own tags (that provide links into a 200,000 line
application 'under the hood'). It's very frustrating ;-)

John

--
John Baker, BSc CS.
Java Developer, TEAM/Slb. http://www.teamenergy.com