From: Bob Arnott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 29 March 2006 14:16
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: JSTL startup question

Kevin Passey wrote:
> Well I am new to this so bear with me.
>
> I am using Tomcat5.0.28 and jdk1.5.xx so can I assume that it would be
2.4.

> What's confusing me is that I have written a test page without the /jsp/
and
> it works - with the /jsp/ it literally prints the variables to the screen.
>
> The tld in the tld directory in the distribution has /jsp/ in the url.

Make sure you web.xml has the following for the <web-app> tag:

<web-app version="2.4"
         xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";>

Also, don't put any tag library defines in the web.xml... Other than
that, it's always worked for me...

Cheers,

--
Bob Arnott