It looks like it might be a difference in the way HashMap.containsKey
and TreeMap.containsKey are implemented. If you look at the API docs,
TreeMap will throw ClassCastException but HashMap will not. When you
were using HashMap, did you actually get values returned or null?

directThought  <http://www.directThought.com/>