29.07.2011 23:50, intrigeri пишет:
> Remember that, at the end of the day, we want something similar to
> gdm-simple-greeter, with language/layout widgets in a bottom panel.
> Going through the "one screen per option" intermediary step seems
> unnecessarily complicated to me, but well, there might be good reasons
> to do so.

This will require pretty substantial rewrite (related to gtkme glue code) which
might
break things. Before doing so I'd like to have something to break e. g. version
with
some functionality working nice and stable so I can be sure that if something
goes
wrong than I have to blame new code, not some hidden bug.

> The "skip menu" button should be available on every screen, and
> actually take into account the settings already selected by the user,
> such as the language. We need something that suits the "I want to
> login without further customization" usecase, not the "Login with
> default settings, ignoring what I've already customized" one. Sorry if
> the requirements were not clear enough.

I see. Indeed I've thought of it as "safe default" option to get working
session asap
regardless of all the greeter stuff.

> Then have /etc/gdm3/PostLogin/TailsGreeter source a file written by
> tails-greeter in a place writable only by the user tails-greeter runs
> as (which is Debian-gdm, on my test Squeeze system, btw), and readable
> by the default Tails user.

If you mean that the content will be picked up by some process running under
amnesia
user than /etc/gdm3/PostLogin/ is probably wrong location for that.

> Can you please point me to the xklavier and python-xklavier
> documentation so that I can have a look and suggest workarounds?

http://devel.randomink.org/projects/python-xklavier
http://xlibs.freedesktop.org/xkbdesc/doc/

I'll digg more into ubiquity code as well - maybe it'll be faster solution.

bye,
Max.