04/20/2012 01:47 AM, intrigeri:
> hi,
>
> intrigeri wrote (17 Jan 2012 10:40:29 GMT) :
>> anonym wrote (16 Jan 2012 12:23:24 GMT) :
>>> Now I think everything is ready :)
>
>> Great. Let's organize next steps, then?
>
> [I wanted to send a quarterly ping, but then I did a bit more...]
>
> I took some time to look where things are at. Looks like things need
> to be done on various sides for us to hope completing this move some
> day. I've just updated (2a45e2f)
> https://tails.boum.org/todo/Return_of_Icedove__63__/ to add a few
> missing next steps.
>
> Then I stopped updating this page, but I think it is seriously lacking
> in terms of crucial information and clear action items on other sides
> as well:
>
>   * the autoconfig patches, and their Git repository, are not
>     mentioned anywhere

Now they are.

>   * upstreaming the autoconfig patches is not listed as an action item

Now it is.

>   * writing design documentation is not listed as an action item;
>     without this done, I doubt we can ever push our patches to any
>     value of $UPSTREAM

IMHO a reference to (or excerpts from) tagnaq's analysis (3.6.5 Account
Autoconfiguration) and the list of what my patches change w.r.t. that
should be enough when I send them upstream. Or do you have something
much more elaborate in mind? (Will add this to the todo once clarified.)

>   * some actionable code tasks are in "Design decisions", while some
>     are in "Things to implement"

I might have missed something, or is this already fixed?

> The autoconfig improvements look great, we should not let them be
> buried under other stuff!

Certainly!