Hi,

jvoisin wrote (04 Jun 2012 11:43:12 GMT) :
> So far, I managed to build Tails in a virtual machine,

Congrats!

> About the testing environment now:
> It seems like liveCD testing is not something
> that interest people very much.

> The autotesting repo[3]
> of debian-live is a 404, and even if it wasn't,
> the documentation is lacking.

I'm not sure what it's worth, but I found it:
http://live.debian.net/gitweb?p=old/autotesting.git;a=summary

> The "mainstream way" for doing system-wide/vm/liveCD tests is
> autotest[4], but it seems completely overkill to me.

I've had a look at it, and for sure it is a bit complex, has many
features, and some aspects of it may seem useless for us on the short
term, but I absolutely don't see it as "completely overkill". It does
a complex job.

I strongly suggest asking on the Debian Live mailing-list how others
are doing.

I also strongly suggest looking at grml's setup (that uses kantan).
Pointers and resources there:
https://tails.boum.org/todo/automated_builds_and_tests/#index8h2

> This is why I am currently playing around with lettuce[2], a nice
> Python-powered BDD tool.

Great. Please:
  * share your scenarios early (allows better communication, forces
    you to start small and to stay practical :)
  * file a RFP bug as soon as you're sure you want to use it -- I want
    your test suite to integrate nicely with our infrastructure, and
    that means using software that is in Debian as much as possible.