Hi,

sajol...@pimienta.org wrote (27 Aug 2013 17:44:16 GMT) :
> The installer doesn't actually specify that the persistent storage will
> be kept. This seems to be an important UX problem.

Agreed.

> A suggestion would be to have Tails USB Installer look at the USB stick
> and see if there's already a persistence volume. If there is, it should
> warn you that the Tails OS will get overwritten but the persistence
> volume will remain the same.

This looks slightly over-engineered to me.

> Otherwise, without even changing the logic, the installer could have a
> line somewhere saying that the persistent storage will not be erased.

I like it: let's just add something along the lines of "Any persistent
volume on this stick will remain unchanged" (rephrased by our Great
Master of the Style Guide :) at upgrade time, regardless of whether
persistence is present or not.

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri