On 09/07/2014 01:41, Alasdair Young wrote:

> I'm not a fan of openpgp.js for a lot of reasons.
> http://tonyarcieri.com/whats-wrong-with-webcrypto explains why in a
> much better way than I ever could.

I'm very new to this community and its mindset, so I know I've got a lot
to learn and I'm certainly missing something essential, but I fail to
understand how those (mostly valid) objections apply to our scenario,
since they are directed either against the webcrypto standardization
process or aganst cryptography performed in the context of a web page:

1. OpenPGP.js does not *depend* on webcrypto, even if it supports it
2. We wouldn't run as web content, but as privileged code, with the same
powers and the same isolation as the browser itself (much like any
platform-native program, even if written in cross-platform JavaScript).
3. We don't need to deal with private keys

-- G

Giorgio Maone
http://maone.net