[Update]

To make my life easier I'm trying to get some of this done in a virtual
machine, then move over to the actual live CD after I know I can do it. I'm
still working on getting the Broadcom STA Linux drivers working with Tails
1.1.1. I downloaded the driver from
http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php and extracted it to my
home directory.

>sudo apt-get update
>sudo apt-get install make
>cd ~
>sudo make
KBUILD_NOPEDANTIC=1 make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build M=`pwd`
make: *** /lib/modules/3.14-2-amd64/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 2

If I understand that correctly, the Makefile is directing make to
/lib/modules/3.14-2-amd64/build, but build doesnt exist. If I create build
it enters the directory then leaves it stating that nothing is there to
make (which makes sense). Am I missing something? What should be in build,
or what is the Makefile trying to make?

~xian