On 12/11/2015 17:38, sajolida wrote:
> We also published an alpha version of that page on the website, for
> testing purposes as well here:
>
>       https://tails.boum.org/install/download/
>
> But since the time we synced with Giorgio's code we did some changes, of
> course :) They are visible in wiki/src/download.inline.mdwn in our main
> repo (5c97222..926f355) but we'll comment on them here when relevant.
> Giorgio, I wonder how we should do this syncing; as I understand that
> you want to have some test HTML in your repo as well...
Indeed, latest commit (minutes ago) addresses most of your feedback, but
I cannot comment in deep right now.
I will probably do it tomorrow, but in the meanwhile the most important
points are:

1. From now on I'll strictly refer to the HTML at
https://tails.boum.org/install/download/ and send tchou patches if and
only if I actually need the markup to be modified
2. Latest iterations of the extension from git or from
https://maone.net/dev/tails/dave.xpi automatically detect if they're
used on an outdated page (by comaring with #extension-version) and if
they're more up-to-date automatically replace the dave.css stylesheet
with the one from https://maone.net, so while we're still in development
I don't need to actually push it on the site
3. If you want to use the .chrome-unsupported class on
#download-and-verify, rather than on the <html> element, you just need
to be sure dave.js is loaded after the element exists (e.g. by placing
its <script> element as the bottomest child of <body>)
4. The page acts as a view on the download manager: therefore it can
"see" any download, no matter if added from a private window or not,
just like the browser itself. However if the download was added in
private mode, there will be no persistence in the extension-maintained
state after you close the private window and reload the page (or restart
the browser), as expected.

So, please install latest XPI from  https://maone.net/dev/tails/dave.xpi
and try it on https://tails.boum.org/install/download/ :)

Cheers