Hi,

intrigeri wrote (18 Aug 2015 11:09:35 GMT) :
> Please do whatever's needed for the change you proposed in our various
> repos + Redmine etc., after leaving some time to others to comment
> further. Perhaps we should make the final decision at the
> September meeting.

I can't find a follow-up to this discussion.

To sum up the options we have:

A. Keep "odd for major release / even for minor ones" in general but
   call the first Tails/Jessie release 2.0. Call the next one 2.1
   because:
   - it'll likely introduce tons of changes to fix bugs in 2.0 anyway
   - 2.0 will be feature-frozen in 2 weeks, so IMO it makes sense to
     have a release with new features allowed in March

B. Switch to "even for major releases / odd for minor ones", call the
   first Tails/Jessie release 2.0, and then
   1. find out how to deal with no release with new features allowed
      between November and April; exceptionally allow new features in
      2.1?
   2. adjust whatever is needed for this change

As said already I can live with both, but I'd like to see a decision
made on this soon, and won't do the work required by B.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri