Hi Tom,

Tom Servo wrote (21 Jul 2016 17:47:29 GMT) :
> A couple of updates ago (maybe just one), the default ordering in Nautilus,
> the file explorer, was changed to alphabetical.

> This is not ideal for me, since I need to change it to "by Type" each time I
> enter
> a new directory. I like to have a lot of directories.

> It might just be that I'm missing an obvious setting, but I would like to
> know how to
> change the ordering to "by Type" once and for all (even just once per session
> would
> be okay).

As far as I can tell, we've never modifyed the default value for this
GNOME setting we get from upstream/Debian, so whatever change might
have happen in Tails, has been decided upstream or in Debian.
To revert that change in Tails, we'll need a pretty strong reasoning,
that takes into account the reasoning for the reverted change.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri