A quick heads up on the „Waiting for IP address…“ issue:

Seems like this is macOS/VMWare Fusion related. Trying to vagrant up a regular
debian/stretch64 shows the same symptoms.
Conclusion: VirtualBox does not support passing VT-x, VMWare Fusion does not
seem to handle vagrant up as it expects.

Any chance to build Tails natively on macOS, without any VM? Unfortunately I
don’t own any other hardware as of now.