--- On Fri, 3/7/09, Rick Peterson <ausr...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> The ABS boundary data import throws up a LOT of warnings
> and information
> notes in JOSM validator. Some might simply ignore the
> errors! Others
> might do some 'interesting' adjustments in an effort to
> clear the errors.

I just ignored those warnings, but yea they should be fixed.

> Others are more complicated to address, such as "way end
> node near other
> way" warnings.

Can you give me an example of this, I haven't see that occur, in fact when I
marked an ABS boundary as highway=unclassified it didn't show up as a warning
about being unnamed.

> Perhaps, for the moment, the best approach is to remove any
> boundary
> related warnings from showing in JOSM validator until a
> solution that
> has been properly considered and that can be managed by
> JOSM users of

That isn't really something I think I could hope to get incorporated into the
main code base, the changes I'm making at present are corner cases but for
something like that I think I'd be over stepping bounds and should be added to
their bug tracking system as a feature request.