--- On Sun, 5/7/09, Rick Peterson <ausr...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Perhaps you could clarify the changes that have been
> incorporated, and
> those that remain outstanding?

A couple more patches have been accepted and are available for update, however
when I went to update I got a message telling me I'd need to upgrade to JOSM
version 1725 or later.

Patch for "Not show an error on junction=roundabout when it is unnamed" #2792
has also now been accepted, this patch shows warnings as "Unnamed Junction"
which can as a group be ignored. Judging by comments I think this is the best
outcome as junctions in Germany at least seem to be named or have ref tags.

Patch for "Several errors shown for railway=abandoned" #2793 was also accepted,
this patch won't show errors about railway=abandoned such as missing railway
crossings and nodes ending near ways.

Patch for "Invalid "Way end node near other way" error" #2794 was also
accepted, so if a street is a dead end (noexit=yes) or highway=turning_circle
or barrier=* and it ends near another way it won't show up as a warning.

As for bugs #2803 and #2807, I was misled that this was a prefix issue, when
really it was a lack of code in the validator plugin causing warnings for valid
tags to show, both code patches I supplied have been applied.

The only outstanding bugs I can think of are:

#2806, highway=unknown not showing a warning when unnamed.
#2830, false positive triggers by certain combinations of tags when
natural=coastline and the direction of the arrows basically telling the user
they're wrong when they were right.